Our team of concierges have selected their top 10 picks of best wineries and tasting rooms to visit in Chelan Wine Country
Nestled in the heart of Washington State, Chelan Wine Country is a true hidden gem for wine enthusiasts seeking a unique and unforgettable tasting experience. With a variety of vineyards and wineries to choose from, each with its own distinct character and charm, visitors are sure to find a winery to suit their tastes. From elegant tasting rooms overlooking serene lakes to rustic barns nestled in rolling hills, Chelan Wine Country offers something for everyone.
In this blog, we'll be highlighting the top 10 wineries and tasting rooms in Chelan Wine Country. These wineries were selected based on their exceptional wines, picturesque locations, and welcoming atmospheres. Among them are Tsillan Cellars, known for their Italian-inspired wines, and Nefarious Cellars, with its stunning lakeside views. We'll also take a look at Tunnel Hill Winery, with its cozy tasting room and unique wine offerings, and Fielding Hills Winery, which has won numerous awards for its bold and complex reds.
Other must-visit wineries on our list include Rocky Pond Winery, which offers a range of delicious wines and stunning views of the Cascades, as well as One Wines, Inc., which specializes in small-batch, handcrafted wines. Karma Vineyards is a popular spot for sparkling wine lovers, while Siren Song Vineyard Estate & Winery offers a Mediterranean-inspired tasting experience. Mellisoni Vineyards is known for its Italian varietals, and Vin du Lac Winery boasts a cozy tasting room with a fireplace and lake views. Finally, Wine Girl Wines offers a unique tasting experience in a charming, historic schoolhouse.
Whether you're a seasoned wine connoisseur or simply looking for a relaxing and enjoyable day out, these top 10 wineries and tasting rooms in Chelan Wine Country are sure to impress. So sit back, pour yourself a glass of your favorite vintage, and join us as we take a journey through this beautiful and vibrant wine region.
Featured Chelan Wine Country Destinations
Local Insider's Tip
Spring through fall is one of the best times to travel to the region, but this is also considered peak season. So if you are planning on touring through the Chelan wine region, book your lodging and accommodations early, especially if you want a view of Lake Chelan.
1. Plan your visit during the off-season: The Chelan wine region can get quite busy during the summer months, so consider visiting during the off-season to avoid crowds and enjoy a more peaceful experience. Spring and fall are both great times to visit when the weather is mild and the vineyards are in full bloom.
2. Hire a driver or take a tour: Since wine tasting involves alcohol, it's always a good idea to have a designated driver. If you're not comfortable driving, consider hiring a driver or taking a guided tour. Many local companies offer wine tours that will take you to multiple wineries in the region, allowing you to taste a variety of wines and learn more about the local wine industry.
3. Try the local wines: The Chelan wine region is known for its bold reds and crisp whites, as well as its unique blends. Be sure to try the local wines and ask the winemakers about their winemaking process and the history of their vineyards. You may discover a new favorite wine!
4. Bring snacks: Many wineries offer food pairings with their wines, but it's always a good idea to bring some snacks along to keep your energy up and cleanse your palate between tastings. Some great options include cheese, crackers, nuts, and dried fruit.
5. Dress comfortably: You'll be doing a lot of walking and standing during your visit, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers. The weather in the Chelan region can be unpredictable, so it's always a good idea to be prepared for both warm and cool temperatures.
6. Take in the scenery: The Chelan wine region is known for its stunning scenery, with views of the Cascade Mountains and Lake Chelan. Take some time to enjoy the views and snap some photos to remember your visit. Serious FOMO can be delivered to friends via your Instagram in the Chelan region.
7. Respect the wineries and their staff: Remember that wine tasting is a business for the wineries, and their staff are working hard to provide a great experience for their guests. Be respectful and courteous, and don't overindulge in alcohol.
8. Drink plenty of water! There's nothing more sad than not feeling well after a day of winetasting. The golden rule is to drink three glasses of water for every glass of wine. The more the better!
By following these tips, you're sure to have a wonderful time exploring the Chelan wine region in Washington State- can't wait to see you there!
AvinoDos Wines and Carlucci Chicago
Thursday, April 27, 2023, 6:00 PM
Vezer Family Vineyard
Friday, May 5, 2023, 6:00 PM
Messina Hof Estate Winery and Resort
Friday, May 5, 2023, 7:30 PM
Robledo Family Winery
Saturday, May 6, 2023, 12:00 PM
Rodney Strong Wine Estates
Saturday, May 6, 2023, 3:00 PM
Saturday, May 13, 2023, 11:00 AM
Bennett Lane Winery
Saturday, May 20, 2023, 12:00 PM
Sunday, May 21, 2023, 3:00 PM
Dry Creek Vineyard
Saturday, June 10, 2023, 12:00 PM
Wise Villa Winery
Thursday, June 15, 2023, 5:00 PM