Vibrant citrus and sweet mango are blended with fragrant spices inspired by island flavors resulting in deliciously juicy chicken.
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 25 minutes
Serves 4 - 8
8 Chicken Thighs or a mix of pieces
Salt & Pepper
1 ½ c No Sugar Added Mango Preserves
3/4 c olive Oil
1/3 c Key Lime juice, Like Nellie & Joe’s
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
1 small or ½ of a large jalapeno, seeds and white part removed, finely chopped
1/4 tsp red chili flake oil
2 tsp Jerk seasoning (view recipe here)
Handful cilantro, chopped and reserved for garnish
- Pat dry chicken and season liberally with salt and the black pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the mango preserves and all remaining ingredients except for cilantro, stir to combine well.
- Remove 1/3 of the mango marinade from the batch and set it aside.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the remaining mango marinade and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Fire up your grill and when it is ready place the chicken directly over the heat and cook them for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. Make sure the chicken is not burning! If it starts to char, move pieces a little further away from the heat.
- Brush the remaining mango sauce over the wings, flip and cook for an additional minute and remove them from the grill.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over top to serve.
This recipe doubles or triples easily making it perfect for a crowd. Serve with Coconut Lime Caulirice by Oh Sweet Basil, and pair with Acumen Mountainside Rose