Vixen's Kickin' Mango Jalapeno Grilled Chicken
Vibrant citrus and sweet mango are blended with fragrant spices inspired by island flavors resulting in deliciously juicy chicken.
Preparation 15 minutes
Cooking 25 minutes
Serves 4 - 8
8 Chicken Thighs or a mix of pieces
Salt & Pepper
1 ½ c No Sugar Added Mango Preserves
3/4 c olive Oil
1/3 c Key Lime juice, Like Nellie & Joe’s
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
1 small or ½ of a large jalapeno, seeds and white part removed, finely chopped
1/4 tsp red chili flake oil
2 tsp Jerk seasoning (view recipe here)
Handful cilantro, chopped and reserved for garnish
- Pat dry chicken and season liberally with salt and the black pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the mango preserves and all remaining ingredients except for cilantro, stir to combine well.
- Remove 1/3 of the mango marinade from the batch and set it aside.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the remaining mango marinade and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Fire up your grill and when it is ready place the chicken directly over the heat and cook them for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. Make sure the chicken is not burning! If it starts to char, move pieces a little further away from the heat.
- Brush the remaining mango sauce over the wings, flip and cook for an additional minute and remove them from the grill.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over top to serve.
This recipe doubles or triples easily making it perfect for a crowd.Serve with Coconut Lime Caulirice by Oh Sweet Basil, and pair with Acumen Mountainside Rose
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our mailing list and be one of the first to know about upcoming local events.
- A Perfect Gift for Dads and Grads: Dive into Extraordinary Experiences with A Vault Membership